[OPLINTECH] Group Policy

Josh Proffit jproffit at newarklibrary.info
Mon Mar 3 12:33:36 EST 2008

Hello again everyone. Happy Monday!

I’m working on redoing our internet policy for the public and I’m in the midst of granting them a bit more privileges for this day and age. I want to be able to allow the public internets to access all of the disk drives (including flash drives) but I don’t want them to have the privileges to be able to access our network drives. So, I guess what I’m asking is; is there anyone out there who could share with me their group policy settings if you are using a setup similar to what I’m trying to do? Group policy is just so tedious and the deeper you go -it seems- the more you lose your way. As always I’m open to any and all comments. :-) Have a great week!

Joshua Proffit

Head of Automated Services

Newark Public Library

101 West Main Street