[OPLINTECH] Using Public Browser for Library Catalogs

Matt Hoffman mhoffman at heightslibrary.org
Wed Mar 5 15:58:21 EST 2008

Actually, there are some simple registry modifications that force the PC
to log on with a specific user and automatically log back in in case
someone were to log the user out.  In addition, you could use a program
like "runapp" and specify IE as the executable to run.  Runapp allows
you to open another application that, when closed, will automatically
reopen.  All you have to do is make the shell be something like
"runapp.exe c:\...\iexplore.exe" in group policy and that takes care of
it.

           Matt Hoffman, Network Administrator
Cleveland Heights - University Heights  Public Library
    (voice) 216-932-3600 x #284 (fax) 216-932-0932
 mhoffman at heightslibrary.org <mailto:mhoffman at heightslibrary.org>
www.heightslibrary.org <http://www.heightslibrary.org/>