[OPLINTECH] Using Public Browser for Library Catalogs

Kyle Ledford kyle at kineticnetworking.com
Wed Mar 5 09:31:28 EST 2008

Mike,

You might also consider not only running IE in Kiosk Mode but since you already use Group Policy to manage users and security changing the default shell. If these are not multiple use machines (IE Public Catalog terminals) You can change the default shell in group policy from explorer.exe  to iexplore.exe. Then run it in kiosk mode as well. This would give you a windows PC booting to Internet explorer in kiosk mode. If someone would close it out all they would see is a background. No Start menu, Icons  etc. Then if you use tweak ui or some other auto login script you can just reboot the pc if someone closes it out and it returns to the normal PAC state that it was in.

Kyle Ledford