[OPLINTECH] Citrix Provisioning server

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Wed May 14 09:16:53 EDT 2008

I attended a seminar yesterday about some of Citrix's new products.
They purchased a new company called Ardence recently.  This technology
lets you stream ANY full OS to a desktop instantly. I was told that the
Cleveland Public schools are now using it send out the OS to over 10000
desktops!

Check out the video demo where they show it being done to 150 desktops,
the push out Windows XP, Windows Vista, Suse Linus and Red Hat,
switching back and forth.  It is really something to see all the
machines booting up and changing OS's.  All of this is done using DHCP,
PXE boot and just 1 image of each of the versions of OS on the server!

Have a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moIuHqIc-PQ

Jim Kenzig
Network Manager