[OPLINTECH] image scanning on public PCs?

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Thu May 29 14:43:03 EDT 2008

Hey Chip,

   We at Meigs have a scanner setup at each location (4). They are tied to
one machine (well we have a scanner at one branch tied to 2 using a usb
switch). Actually, they have been used a fair amount over the last year or
two. The amount of staff time is dependent on the person, some requiring
more time than others. I have tried to make it as user friendly as possible.
I set the default directory to d:\documents (I have a bat file that runs at
logon to delete d:\documents and then, recreate it). The scanners are 5100
HP ScanJets. HP Precision Scanware  works well and is easy to use. We do not
charge for use.  Along that same train of thought, we also have cd burners
installed. After their scans are save to the hard drive, the files can be
burned to cd (we do charge for a blank cd). When they are done, they can log
off and their files are gone.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy