[OPLINTECH] MySpace OpenSocial protocol

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Mon Nov 24 10:13:24 EST 2008

Now that our library's MySpace as a few hundred friends on it, I'm hoping
to capitalize on it with some targeted messaging.

There ought to be a way, using the MS OpenSocial protocol, to scan for,
say, Female friends in their 40s and find the most popular keywords on
their profiles.  We could then, perhaps, suggest to them library services
which match their interests.

At the very least, I think it would be way-cool to have a MySpace app
which accepts your barcode/pin, and will display on your MS welcome screen
the status of your account, when books are due, etc.

Does anyone have any experience building apps or using the OpenSocial
framework at MySpace?

Steve,
Who has more cool ideas than he has spare time

---
Steve Miller
Technology Coordinator
Ashtabula County District Library