[OPLINTECH] GCPL: Telephone systems questions

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Sat Sep 6 12:30:17 EDT 2008

I'm not sure how many folk on this list are directly involved with telephone systems, but I'm going to give this a try as a starting point.
I'm hoping you all can help with a few questions and either reply to me off list or post.

1.       Does your library use a VOIP telephone system?

2.       If this is a multi-location system, how many locations are served?

3.       Who is your telephone system (PBX) manufacturer?

4.       Who is your telephone system (PBX) vendor?

5.       If you use VOIP do you use copper T1 lines or fiber circuits?

6.       Who is your network provider? (OPLIN, AT&T, Time-Warner)?

7.       What type and/or model routers do you use? (Cisco, Adtran)

8.       Do you have a staff member dedicated to maintaining your phone system and equipment?

9.       Any comments about your experience with VOIP phone systems?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.
Xenia Ohio 45385
(937)352-4000 x1210
mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us<mailto:jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us>
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.