[OPLINTECH] GCPL: Public computers losing internet connection

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri Sep 19 11:35:21 EDT 2008

Thanks Josh
Although we cloned the computers they all have unique names i.e. X-pub01 and static IPs so staff can turn off Websense.
We considered MAC address conflicts because we reused the static IPs so we put them on DHCP over night and that didn't correct the problem.
In theory a bad switch port would have demonstrated the same problem on the old PC same with the cat 5 cable.
A great mystery...and I hate it when the problem is random.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.