[OPLINTECH] checking out laptops

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Wed Aug 5 11:20:56 EDT 2009

Kevin,

We are looking at the same situation here at Holmes.  We've had several
discussions on the topic, including the possibility of using Netbooks and
how to manage them as well.

There are several discussions and related threads on WebJunction and
TechSoupForLibraries at the following links:

http://www.webjunction.org/home?p_p_id=3&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2&_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch

http://www.techsoupforlibraries.org/events/laptop-checkout-program-of-alachua-county-library-district

Hope this helps.

Eric Maynard
Head of Information Technology,
Holmes County District Public Library
Millersburg, OH  44654
Email [emaynard at holmeslib.org]
Phone [330.674.5972 x.224]
Fax   [330.674.1938]

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"