[OPLINTECH] checking out laptops

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Wed Aug 5 11:51:15 EDT 2009

I have a request out to MNJ for a "$700 laptop".
It appears that there are models available in this price range from Dell, Lenovo and Acer.
We have had good luck with circulating off-lease Dell 610 and have had really great service on our new Dell's we use for public  Internet.
In addition to price and reasonable specs my concern in getting the quote is that experience tells me you have to quote a make and model that will be available 6 months from now which rules out sale prices, off-lease models or the Tiger "Deal of the Day"
I'll share my specs as soon as I have them.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.