[OPLINTECH] BTOP question: replacement computers?

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Aug 10 16:01:08 EDT 2009

Q:
> Do I understand correctly that this grant is for additional computers
> not to replace ones that are older that the library already has?

As I read the documentation, you can ask for replacement computers so
long as you can make a convincing argument that the new computers will
increase public access to the Internet. If your computers are so old
that they can't handle video very well, for example, then newer
computers could increase public Internet access. Remember that the whole
point of the grants is to expand public computing capacity, and while
adding computers is the most obvious way to do that, it's not the only
way.

Stephen