[OPLINTECH] TrueCrypt on Public Internet stations

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Tue Aug 18 12:46:35 EDT 2009

Is anyone using True Crypt on public computers ?
If it were to be used, it would allow patrons to store their files
encrypted on their USB drives. This may give patrons piece of mind if
they lose their usb storage device or it gets stolen knowing that their
important data stored on it would be encrypted. It would also allow them
to access their encrypted files using library computers.

Currently we do not have any software on our public computers that
allows this functionality.

What are your thoughts about this?

--
-Ed Liddle

Technology Assistant
Marysville Public Library
231 S Plum Street, Marysville, Ohio 43040
937-642-1876 ext. 45