[OPLINTECH] Ergonomics of staff desks: Keyboard trays or something else?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri Jul 24 16:29:34 EDT 2009

In a recent renovation, some of our staff got furniture that had
keyboard trays with space on the side for a mouse.  These were nice -
you could adjust the height and the tilt, but most people didn't like
these, so they had them removed and now they have their keyboards and
mice up on the desk, too high to have their wrists horizontal to the
floor, which I believe is the best thing ergonomically.  Have you found
any furniture solution you (and your staff) liked for keyboards and
mice?  (I'm not talking about tall desks like you might have as a circ
desk.)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I personally like the kind of keyboard and mouse shelf that you see on
this Demco desk, although of course you can't easily adjust the height:

http://www.demco.com/goto?BLK91807

Phil
--

Phil Shirley