[OPLINTECH] Non-water fire suppression for server room? --Revised

James Guilford James.Guilford at westlakelibrary.org
Fri Jul 24 16:46:46 EDT 2009

Revised, adding the word "water" for clarity. -- Sheesh! (J.G.)

Phil,

We've got a water sprinkler fire-suppression system in our Server Room,
installed to "save money" with our building rehab a few years ago. Ever
hear of the "Sword of Damocles"?

If you can possibly fund it, get a gas system. One accident, or leak, or
other triggering of a water system in your Server Room and you will
literally be out of business and needing to buy a lot of expensive new
equipment in a hurry!

If you install a gas fire suppression system I'd love to have the
details; I've wanted to change over for some time now.

-- J. Guilford

--
James Guilford, I.T. Manager

Rediscover the Web!