[OPLINTECH] Networked Printers

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Tue Mar 3 12:55:59 EST 2009

Hello Eric,

We don't use a lot of networked printers but we have several color
copiers that can be used for our Admin staff to print to. We use a
Windows Print server and share them.  We set up access security via the
security properties tab and create groups for certain printers and just
add the group.  We use locked mandatory profiles and only admins can
install printers on the workstation.  We install the networked printers
on workstations for our users on an as needed basis. We have the good
fortune that most of our staff at least have a local printer so it is
not a big undertaking managing them.

We also have a few wireless printers at the branches for users that are
shared as open for patrons to print from their wireless laptops.

Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library

Administrative Offices