[OPLINTECH] Networked Printers

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Mar 3 13:26:00 EST 2009

I am curious as to why you have your printers locked down so. We only have a
couple of "local" printers. The rest are network printers (IP addresses
assigned. The Patron boxes print to the HP 4050 behind the circ desk and
staff have access to printers at the branches as well as the Dir, Assist
Dir, and Tech offices. We have had no problems at all with this arrangement.
When we had printers connected directly to the patron computers, I was
constantly working on them. Since I setup the networked printers, I very
rarely have to do anything to them.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library