[OPLINTECH] Public Access Computer purchases

Becky Schultz bschultz at yourppl.org
Mon Mar 16 11:53:05 EDT 2009

Hello,

We recently went with the Optiplex 755 Small Form Factor for circ
desks.  We ordered a separate stand that holds the display and PC,
Neo-Flex all in one stand, also from Dell.  We are very happy with them
so far.  Kind of tricky setting up the stand, but saves a lot of space
and looks nice.  We've had two of these in place since December, and the
remainder since January.  We opted for 17" displays to save space, and
we installed Steady State.

We haven't had any problems with them so far, and we have been happy
with Dell support on other stuff.  I would not hesitate to order these
for public use.

The only real complaint with all-in-one PCs we've had (Gateway Profiles,
now MPC, which we have lost the remaining warranty on) is if the display
goes bad, the whole thing is out of commission.

Becky Schultz
Portsmouth Public Library
(740) 354-5724
bschultz at yourppl.org