[OPLINTECH] Computer Training Tips

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Mon Mar 16 14:44:32 EDT 2009

I was talking to a staffmember who presented a very well-attended public
workshop about eBay.

He said he had to radically change gears when most of the participants
stared blankly at him as he mentioned having two windows open (cutting and
pasting info between windows).  "I just assumed that people coming to an
eBay class wouldn't need help on the basics."

That got me going and I extemporized a meditative haiku to console my
coworker on his first public-training experience...

Today's lesson is simple.
Yet, the student blinks.
Smile and scream inside my skull.

In this vein, does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to (in
general) teach computers and technology to a willing (yet possibly
inexperienced) public?

Steve

--
Steve Miller