[OPLINTECH] web hosting

Karen Perone peroneka at oplin.org
Mon Mar 23 14:31:56 EDT 2009

As our ancient web server reaches the age of Methuselah, we are looking
for alternative hosting ideas. Unfortunately, money is extremely tight
and not looking real good for purchasing new hardware.

I'd like to know what web hosting service you use and any thoughts on
the cost savings of out-sourcing the hosting vs. purchasing a server for
in-house hosting. I am not looking for a website developer or anyone to
maintain it, only a place to move our sites.

Other factors:
  - we host about 10 local non-profit web sites
  - we use FrontPage Server Extensions

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

--
Karen Perone