[OPLINTECH] MS Office 2007 Office Online Templates

Ron Woods woodsro at oplin.org
Tue Mar 24 14:41:27 EDT 2009

Dave:

I have found this to be a common problem with Office 2007 under some
circumstances. If you have any of the .Net Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or an
early version of 3.5 installed on the systems this can happen.

The good news is the fix that works for most people isn't that difficult.
(You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these tasks)

1. Download the latest version of Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 from here
and install it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-
8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

2. Download Microsoft XML 4.0 SP2 from here and install it
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3144
b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42

3. Download Microsoft XML 6.0 SP1 from here and install it
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3144
b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42

4: Go to Start and then Run. In the run box type cmd and press enter

In the cmd box type the following commands pressing enter after each one:
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml4.dll
regsvr32 msxml6.dll
regsvr32 ole32.dll

Close the command line and reboot the system

Sometimes when installing office 2007, older version sof .Net and older
versions of Microsoft XML core services gets a little wacky and the Office
Online templates won't work properly if your msxml is not functioning
correctly.

In the last few times I had this problem, this has fixed the issue for me.
Good luck to you

Sincerely

Ron Woods
Computer Services Manager