[OPLINTECH] Circulating Laptops

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Tue May 26 09:18:18 EDT 2009

Matt
In this instance your ILS is your friend.
Set up good loan rules and have a laptop AUP so the patron understands the limitations of checking out a laptop.
In the great whoop and warp of things there isn't all that much difference between giving patrons a laptop for 2 hours or letting them walk out of the building with $1,000 worth of DVDs and books on tape.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.
Xenia Ohio 45385
(937)352-4000 x1210
mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.