[OPLINTECH] OPLINTECH Digest, Vol 43, Issue 20

shivelri@oplin.org shivelri at oplin.org
Fri May 29 13:04:37 EDT 2009

Sounds great Jim, I have already switched half of our patron computers
over to Kubuntu and have had very little problems. I would enjoy getting
a chance to hear about other libraries experiences with Linux. Just
would have to get the approval of the funding through our already tight
budget.

PS
It sounds like you have a lot of Linux experience, I have one single
problem that holds back our complete switch over from MS Windows to
Linux... ActiveX is there any way you know of to get ActiveX to work in
WINE or anything. I can get IE running through WINE but it freeze up if
I try to access the ActiveX controls. The reason we need ActiveX is that
we have a DVR Camera system that is viewable over the network but only
in ActiveX enabled IE, or Symbian phones. Any suggestions?

--
Richard Shively
IT/Webmaster