[OPLINTECH] migrating an asp page

Karen Perone peroneka at oplin.org
Tue Nov 3 13:51:36 EST 2009

We recently upgraded to a new web server running Win2008R2 and IIS 7.5.
We had happily been using FrontPage Server Extensions with all the great
database connectors and file includes.

Unfortunately, FPSE is no longer an option with this newest server
version and our database search and form pages broke. They used .asp
pages for entering data and searching.

For example, our database search of a local cemetery -
http://www.rodmanlibrary.com/rpl/ref/genealogy/stjosephburials.asp

The database connection seems to be gone. IIS 7.5 seems to use ASP.Net
and not ODBC. I have searched endlessly for a solution in simple English
that will help me make this work again.

Anyone have any luck with converting a FPSE site to a new server? Do you
have a support forum to recommend that explains these more complicated
settings in layman's terms?

Thanks.
Karen Perone              peroneka at oplin.org
Systems Coordinator
Rodman Public Library     voice: 330-821-2665 x101
215 E. Broadway Street    fax: 330-821-5053
Alliance, OH 44601        http://www.rodmanlibrary.com