[OPLINTECH] Projecting onto a whiteboard?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Mon Nov 9 16:09:51 EST 2009

We're looking into getting a surface like the Egan VersaPro that we
would (1) use as a dry-erase board and (2) project onto using a regular
projector. This particular product (VersaPro) is supposed to be
specially designed to minimize glare when projecting, but I'm not
convinced that it would be as good as a regular screen. I've also seen
that some projectors have a special whiteboard mode that's supposed to
minimize glare when projecting onto a regular whiteboard.

Could anyone tell me about their experience with anything like this?
We're a lot more interested in being able to have a good projected image
than having a dry-erase board, so if there's much doubt then we'll
probably go with a regular screen. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Phil
--

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator