[OPLINTECH] Update: Ohio unemployment site printout

Daniel Nixon nixonrd at oplin.org
Tue Nov 17 10:48:09 EST 2009

I had posted an issue to the list where clients' payment histories on
unemployment.ohio.gov failed to print for patrons and locked up patron
internet computers.

Happy to report issue resolved thanks to the folks in the Information
Services section of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. Tim
Olberding from the Cincinnati office ODJFS paid us a visit and
troubleshot the problem.

It was a print driver conflict. I was using HP's universal driver. It
seems this particular print job prefers a simpler driver.  So I'm
changing drivers, although the ultimate cause of the problem is still a
mystery. FYI: These machines are WindowsXP secured by Windows Shared
Computer Toolkit printing to an HP 4050n.

-Dan

Daniel Nixon
Information Systems Manager
Wilmington Public Library of Clinton County
268 N. South St., Wilmington, OH 45177
www.wilmington.lib.oh.us
937.382.2417 x25