[OPLINTECH] Cymphonix network composer

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Fri Oct 9 13:12:07 EDT 2009

We also use PublicIP for our patron wireless.  The only wireless IP that our
cymphonix box sees is the one used by PublicIP.  We filter all wireless
based on that one IP Address.  I think that would fix your problem with
licenses.

If you didn't want to use PublicIP, you could have your wireless router
setup as a DHCP server and the only address that the Cymphonix box would see
is the router.  So all traffic routed thru that 1 IP would be filtered
according to your configuration on the box.

As far as over filtering or under filtering goes, nothing is going to be
perfect.  The filtering works pretty good for us but there are some false
reads and some sites do get thru.  You will have that with whatever
filtering solution that you choose.

Kevin Jones
Network Administrator
Coshocton Public Library
655 Main Street
Coshocton, OH 43812
Phone: 740-622-0956
Fax: 740-622-4331
http://www.coshoctonlibrary.org

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
-- Albert Einstein