[OPLINTECH] Poweroff

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Wed Aug 25 09:15:02 EDT 2010

Run it in compatibility mode.  Create a shortcut to the program, right
click on it and choose properties from the context popup menu. Click on
the compatibility tab and check the box to run this program in
compatibility mode and select Windows XP SP3 as a choice. Check the box
at the bottom under PRivelege level to run as administrator and enter
credentials.  Choose change settings for all users.

A product you could get that can control your enterprise is called
shutdown plus from WMSoftware.com it is fairly inexpensive.
http://www.wmsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1
96&Itemid=201

Also for turning on your computers, most computers within the last 4
years or so have a setting in the bios to power them on at a scheduled
day and time which we use here.  You can use the task scheduler also
with the Windows 7 built in shutdown.exe command and schedule the
shutdowns also. That way the librarians do not have to worry about it.

Also consider in new purchases buying computers with Intel I5 Vpro
processors.  These let you power on and off machines remotely via a
central console and work similar to HP's ILO for servers.

Regards,

Jim Kenzig

Software Applications Engineer

Cuyahoga County Public Library