[OPLINTECH] Wireless Access for Patrons

Kevin Jones kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org
Mon Dec 13 15:29:10 EST 2010

We provide wireless access to patrons using PublicIP.  We pay less than $100
per year for the portal.  We currently require them to create a logon
account.  We can restrict ports, bandwidth, time usage as well as other
options.

What are you doing at your library for wireless service?  Are you
broadcasting the SSID?  Do you keep the service on after closing time?  Do
you allow them access without an account?  If so how are you gathering
stats?

I am wanting to offer the service in a more seamless way, but still want
them to agree to an Acceptable User Policy as well as being able to gather
monthly stats.  Those are the 2 main things that we want to keep in place.

Kevin Jones
Network Administrator
Coshocton Public Library
655 Main Street