[OPLINTECH] Purchasing new PCs

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Feb 4 10:31:29 EST 2010

I've also seen very good performance and longevity with the Dell
Optiplex series. I have a primary school client that just this past
summer replaced all of their Dell Optiplex computers (100 or so). After
SEVEN years of heavy-duty service. If memory serves, they were also
AMD-based. The only complaints I had with them were the higher than
satisfactory (to me) hard drive failure rates (which Dell replaces
without any hassles). The rest of the hardware...well, I can't think of
a single failure. Very solid computers. Dell makes good business-class
machines at competitive prices.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --