[OPLINTECH] Clonezilla Portable Hard Drive

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Feb 18 15:36:57 EST 2010

Eric
I boot from CD and use a variety of homemade USB hard drives:

1.       For Goodwill I use 80-gig IDE drives in a USB case. They hold about 15 images

2.       For GCPL public computers and OPACs I use a 30-gig laptop drive with about 5 images

3.       For GCPL in my office I have a 500-gig SATA drive which is really too big to be portable
To date all my Clonezilla external drives are homemade.
I have booted from a USB drive but am more comfortable using the CD, and like I tell my Goodwill volunteers you just hit enter 11 times and you have a clean computer. OK you hit enter 11 times and arrow down twice but who's counting?

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.