[OPLINTECH] spring cleaning help wanted

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu Jan 7 12:51:51 EST 2010

I'm using Vista OS. In playing around with a few commands to do what you
want, I discovered that at some point Microsoft has obsoleted XCOPY in
favor of ROBOCOPY. That's good for you, if you have it. It looks like
ROBOCOPY has the exact options you might be looking for. From the
console prompt, type    robocopy /?   for the command parameters. It can
supposedly include or exclude files based on date or age of the file.
Check the /MAXAGE /MINAGE /MAXLAD and /MINLAD options.

I sorry I can't spend any more time on it right now, but this might help
to get you started. Note that if you use the -L parameter, no files will
actually be copied, so you are free to process the whole file system
without actually making any copies. Essentially you can build a list
without making any actual file copies.

Hope this helps,
Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --