[OPLINTECH] Security Essentials Question

Paula Dayhoff pdayhoff at clcohio.org
Thu Jan 7 13:22:40 EST 2010

Greetings All,

I decided to call up Microsoft Licensing to get a definitive answer regarding whether or not public libaries qualify to use as many copies of Microsoft Security Essentals as needed for both staff and public computers.

The official response is that it is licensed for home use, not anything else.  For a public library scenario, we would have to bump up to the Forefront Client Security product which is supposed to include anti-virus protection.

I will need to do a little more research on the scope of the product and costs associated with the Forefront package for consideration by our group, but thanks for the discussion on this topic.  PD

Paula Dayhoff, MCSE W2000/NT4, Security+, CDIA+
Assistant Systems Administrator
Central Library Consortium
122 East Columbus St.
P.O. Box 269