[OPLINTECH] Can you loan or give us a parallel printer switch box?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri Jan 8 10:39:31 EST 2010

Short version: Does anyone have one of those old switch boxes that plug
into the parallel port of a pc and allow you to connect two parallel
printers that you could loan or give to us (via the statewide delivery
system)?

Why I want one: My deputy clerk-treasurer has asked me if I can set up a
second dot-matrix printer on her PC so she can easily print on two kinds
of paper from her CMI finance software, and she wants it now for her
end-of-year work. Right now she's changing the paper each time, and the
nature of the work is such that she needs to be able to switch back and
forth (can't do all of this kind now and all of the other kind later).
Because these printers have to be set up in the CMI software, which I
believe CMI staff would have to do (for a charge I assume), I can't just
have her connect to a shared dot matrix printer on some other computer
(we do have a couple of old dot matrix printers that work). Printing
both kinds of reports on the same paper (not switching printers) is not
an option.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Phil
--