[OPLINTECH] Proposing #ARRA hashtag : and due diligence

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Jan 25 08:37:48 EST 2010

I have been thinking about a method for libraries to share questions,
answers, comments, concerns, etc. about the second round of ARRA
broadband stimulus funding. I propose that we use the OPLINTECH mailing
list and include the hashtag #ARRA in any message dealing with broadband
stimulus. Then messages can be retrieved easily by including "#ARRA" in
your search terms when searching the list postings, either through
http://oplin.org/techsearch or through Google ("#ARRA site:mail.oplin.org").

If you are not signed up on the OPLINTECH mailing list, you can either
send messages to me and I will repost them, or you can sign up
temporarily by going to http://mail.oplin.org/mailman/listinfo/oplintech.

I'm reposting Jim Mann's message about due diligence below, so it will
now have the #ARRA hashtag attached. Also, I've had a question about
what due diligence is. Basically, it's the second hurdle you have to
jump before getting an ARRA grant. Your application must first pass
through a basic review, and may then pass on to the "due diligence"
phase during which the ARRA reviewers will ask more detailed questions
about your application and request further background materials.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130