[OPLINTECH] How are you providing copiers?

Greg Ramage gramage at ualibrary.org
Wed Jul 14 11:15:33 EDT 2010

My library is looking into replacing our aging copiers with new leased
units.  We currently own the machines and purchase annual maintenance
contracts on each machine and coin box.  I know there are a variety of
different companies out there that provide leasing and maintenance services
- what vendors have you found to be good (or not)?  I've also heard of an
outsourced model where the library would receive a small percentage of
copier sales in return for hosting the machines, similar to other vending
machines.  Our primary objectives are to minimize hassle for staff, provide
reliable equipment for patrons, and hopefully realize a cost savings.

Thanks for your feedback!

Greg Ramage
IT Manager
Upper Arlington Public Library