[OPLINTECH] Local History Content Software

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Thu Jul 29 14:27:18 EDT 2010

  You could always roll your own, which gives you a lot of control.
Our Director and Coordinator of Information Services (AKA Chauncey & Margaret)
reviewed various s/w and decided to do it themselves.
BTW, neither are professional s/w programmers.

Everything resides on our own web server.

http://www.bigwalnutmemory.org/     Work in progress (Audio and video still in
the works).
While not actually for the local historical society, it is similar in function.

Search examples: Sunbury, Horn, Cherry, Cherry St, Cherry Street

Click:
   "Collections" for Townships, Villages, Yearbooks, etc.

  "Photo Journal" for area images using WordPress Blog

   "Learning Activities" for study help.

   "Obituaries" to search an index of the Sunbury News
    Ex: Horn returns:
    Pub. Date          First    Last    Middle    Age    City    State
    07/14/1910    Bessie    Horn    Mae    27    London    OH

Our former director does the pages for the local historical society.
She uses a local website host and uploads pages to them.
http://www.bigwalnuthistory.org/

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.