[OPLINTECH] Local History Content Software

Wale, Jeff jeff.wale at toledolibrary.org
Thu Jul 29 16:04:22 EDT 2010

Hi Marcy,
We were in the same dilemma as you last year. We looked at ContentDM (OCLC's product) and ContentPro (Innovative Interfaces product) and decided they were both too expensive. We decided to develop a home grown product using Dublin Core and a user interface d/b (programmed in ASP.NET)  to permit our staff to catalog digital images and create a collection level record that is searchable in our public catalog.  Tom Gray designed a user interface (template input screen with thesaurus and drop down windows) and a review/approval process (for our cataloger).
The product should be done in September. I'm willing to share the code but you will need ASP.NET knowledge to modify the template.
Jeff Wale, I.T. Manager
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan Street
Toledo, Ohio 43604