[OPLINTECH] webform question

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri Jun 4 15:25:43 EDT 2010

Hi Amy,

You can add something to the script that processes the web form. In a
php script you can use the following to set a variable to the user's ip
address, so that you can then include that variable as part of the email
message that's sent:

$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

I hope that helps.

Phil

Amy Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to track who submitted a webform?
> The last few days someone has been spoofing us via the webform, by
> submitting library card applications with obvious inaccurate
> information.  Our circ manager wanted to know if there is a way to catch
> who is doing that as she suspects it is the same person daily.
>

> Amy Wilson
>
> Network Administrator
>
> Rocky River Public Library
>
> 440-895-3764
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
330-928-2117, ext. 109
pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary dot org

believed to be clean.