[OPLINTECH] webform question

Victor Zuniga vzuniga at westervillelibrary.org
Fri Jun 4 15:28:32 EDT 2010

Hi Amy,

I am not familiar with SirsiDynix (we are an Innovative Interfaces shop) but
it shouldn¹t be difficult to include some php on your html page (granted
SirsiDynix gives access to edit the page). If not, you can ask them to
include a couple variables (assuming you¹re using PHP) into your form to
gather  information such as the IP address, browser, Date/Time, etc.

Something like:

$ipi = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");
$httprefi = getenv ("HTTP_REFERER");
$httpagenti = getenv ("HTTP_USER_AGENT");

Then you/they would set the fields on your form as hidden:

<input type="hidden" name="ip" value="<?php echo $ipi ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="httpref" value="<?php echo $httprefi ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="httpagent" value="<?php echo $httpagenti ?>" />

When the user submits the form, you¹ll be getting this additional
information.

HTH,

Victor

Victor Zuniga
Westerville Public Library
Computer Services Department
126 S. State St. | Westerville, OH 43081
Phone:614.259.5019