[OPLINTECH] Kaspersky AV software

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Mon Jun 14 13:16:11 EDT 2010

Jim
Several months ago we switched from Trend to SEP, frankly in the midst of a terrible worm problem that Trend just couldn't get control of.
According to my "guy" who supports some 5,000 computers at a major hospital it's a tossup between Kaspersky and SEP.
Why did we go with SEP? Because Kaspersky 30-day demo is only for 30 computers and no amount of midnight arm twisting, begging or pleading would get support to give us more licenses. SEP has an unlimited trial, but you have to do a reinstall after 30 days. And, we weren't contacted by the Kaspersky rep for almost 5 days because she had left her Blackberry in the car over the weekend.
We're happy with SEP and at this point would not change.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.