[OPLINTECH] Deep Freeze & updates

Dawn Linder linderda at oplin.org
Tue Jun 15 14:05:27 EDT 2010

Hello techies,

We are running Deep Freeze 6 and one of the problems I am having is AVG, Java, Microsoft and Adobe what to run updates with a reboot in the middle of the day when the machines are frozen. I have the machines reboot thawed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for several hours specifically for these updates. Some of the updates need feed back. I don't want the extra bells and whistles (toolbars). Any suggestions would be appreciated and URLS. I don't know how to make batch files, but would love the knowledge.

We have 5 public computers and a server.

Thanks,
Dawn Linder
Wauseon Public Library
117 E Elm Street