[OPLINTECH] OPLIN T-1 / Third Party Wireless

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed Mar 17 13:39:19 EDT 2010

We have been doing it for years. Works fine...for us.

We have a Linksys WAP55AG & a WRT54G connected to a 10Mbps hub.
The hub connects to a virtual pc running ZoneCD (free version of PUBLICip)
It's output goes to the Red zone of IPCop (also running on a virtual pc)

We setup the ZoneCD to display a copy of the library policy.
You need to accept it to go on.

We also have a printer connected to the hub..
Our in-house laptops are set to print there.

Patrons can follow instructions on a web page to install a printer
driver on their own laptops.

We also have Dans Guardian on IPcop.

I just copied the above from a previous post but can give you more
detail if you want.

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901