[OPLINTECH] Affiliate resonse summary.

Christopher Brose brosech at oplin.org
Thu Mar 25 11:10:24 EDT 2010

Hello,

Below are summaries of responses I received yesterday.

Again, thank you everyone for your replys.

What's VERY lucrative for us is a Kroger's reward program.  We get a barcode
we print out, people scan that with their Kroger card when they go shopping,
and we get a small percent back.  First quarter we did it, we got like $200.
Second quarter we got almost $1700.  Since it's additive and permanently
attaches to someone's Kroger card, we're really excited to see where it
goes.

We have been an Associate for the past couple years and it has been very
painless.  We get our funds from them in the form of gift certificates since
we are a smaller library with less purchases.  I believe we have made around
$200 since we joined.

We did this several years ago and it has

worked well.  We have promoted it often in our newsletter and in the

local paper.  Any time we talk about library funding, we remind patrons

that they can support the library by using the Amazon link on our site.

 It started off slow, but now we get maybe $100 a quarter.  Staff are

probably the biggest users, so constantly remind staff to use it.  Also,

do a lot of promotion around Christmas time.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need more detailed info.

we tried the Amazon link a couple of years ago.  We never

got enough usage to get a check.  So, you really need to promote it to get

it to fly.

We also added a paypal link to our webpage for donationsin

December and we haven't had anyone use it.  We have done a news release on

this, it will be in our next newsletter, and it is on the login page for

all our public computers.  Still no takers.

We also recently added the Kroger Community Rewards to our site.  We do

have several people participating, but no check from Kroger yet.

Hope you have better luck.

We have never received anything from Amazon although we have their logo
visible on our web.  Too many people forget about going thru our web page to
purchase amazon products.

Hello Christopher:

I will look forward to seeing the new website.

The only addition I've made to our site to bring in mo' money is the

addition of a Paypal account with linking for paying fines and making

donations. Reception has been lukewarm at best on that. But, as you know,

Ohioans are pretty tapped out right now.

Good luck with this venture. I don't see how anyone could knock you for

trying. We have to look at all options.

Hello Christopher,

    We added a link to our Amazon Wishlist page back in October.  We created
4 Wishlists, fiction, nonfiction, AV, and children's/YA.  It has been a big
success.

Hi Christopher,

We have had a link to Amazon on our website for a year and have never had
anyone purchase anything for us!  Surprising.but we also provide a link for
donations by credit card and last month we received our first donation,
$100.

We have been an Amazon affiliate for several years.  I have to say that we
haven't really gotten much money from it, but in these times, every little
bit helps!

Christopher J. Brose

Head of Computer Services

Tiffin-Seneca Public Library