[OPLINTECH] Slow OPLIN connection?

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Wed May 5 13:23:37 EDT 2010

   I noticed about a year ago, if you unlock Steady State then update and
reboot (as it is normal for MS updates to require re-boots) then relock
Steady State, It will re-enable automatic updates. Even if you had them
turned off before (I guess MS thinks they know better what we want than we
do). In any case, you then have to turn automatic updates back off again and
save the changes.
   I guess I'm glad Win 7 has forced us to go to Deep Freeze.  ;^)

Dan Will
Technology Supervisor
Meigs County District Public Library
willda at oplin.org
740.992.5813
740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy