[OPLINTECH] Slow OPLIN connection?

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed May 5 16:18:44 EDT 2010

In addition to disabling the primary offender, automatic MS updates, I'd
recommend to also consider disabling the auto updates of some lesser
offenders. For example: Java, OpenOffice, Firefox, automatic
manufacturer updates, etc. These won't hog as much bandwidth as a year's
worth of MS updates, but they still unnecessarily use bandwidth and
cause pop-ups that patrons shouldn't need to deal with. Most libraries
don't need these auto-updates on their Deep Freeze patron computers.
These updates should be done during scheduled maintenance when DF is thawed.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --