[OPLINTECH] Upgraded to IE 8

Amy Wilson a.wilson at rrpl.org
Thu May 6 10:02:27 EDT 2010

I upgraded our public computers to IE 8 last night.  We are running into
a problem this morning with an initial prompt that says "Your security
settings put your computer at risk" with prompts to fix or continue
browsing.  I tried to get this to go away by enabling group policy for
User Settings|Windows Components|Internet Explorer|Turn off the security
settings check feature.  When that did not work we tried registry edit
to create dword for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Security\DisableSecuritySettingsCheck and set value to 1.  That
did not work either.  Can anyone suggest a resolution?

Thanks,

Amy Wilson

Network Administrator

Rocky River Public Library