[OPLINTECH] FAQ: OPLIN E-mail

Bobbi Galvin galvinbo at oplin.org
Fri May 28 10:00:55 EDT 2010

One of the most common questions about OPLIN e-mail is, "How do I use my
e-mail from my mobile device?" which happens to be very similar to
accessing it from a computer at home.  The key difference is how to SEND
messages.

 If you want to use WebMAIL, just go to this website:
http://mail.oplin.org <http://mail.oplin.org/>
You will be asked for your username and password.  (Your username is the
part that comes before "@oplin.org.")
That's it!  You send and receive mail as you normally would.

There's another option:
If you want to use a POP3 e-mail client (such as Thunderbird, Outlook or
a phone app), you'll need to configure your client with this information:
-- Incoming mail server (POP3) = mail.oplin.org
-- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)  = your Internet service provider's SMTP
server. (Call their tech support line if you don't have it.)
-- Your User Name and Password

Most POP 3 e-mail clients are set to download messages to your
workstation and delete them from the OPLIN mail server. Once that
happens, your e-mail client back at work will not have access to them,
so make sure to save or forward them if you will need them later.

Want to know more about OPLIN e-mail?  Just ask OPLIN Support!
1-888-966-7546
Chat:  http://support.oplin.org <http://support.oplin.org/>
E-mail:  support at oplin.org <mailto:support at oplin.org>
Or, check out our "Using Your OPLIN E-mail Account" web page:
http://oplin.org/content/using-your-oplin-e-mail-account

--Bobbi Galvin
OPLIN Customer Service & Support