[OPLINTECH] CIPA Compliance:

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Nov 9 10:02:18 EST 2010

Hi All,

    I am currently looking into CIPA compliance and am interested in the
measures that those of you who are CIPA compliant, went through to become
so. What are you using for filtering? Other aspects of the process?
Personally, from "my" end, I'm really looking for info about open-source
solutions. I understand that Squid is a possibility. Is anyone using Squid &
say DansGuardian on linux? IpCop? Smoothwall? Others? Any advice in general?

TIA

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

"When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you
most powerfully:

the church that belongs to God and the public library that belongs to you.

The public library is the great equalizer."

Keith Richards