[OPLINTECH] SteadyState - no Win7

James Guilford James.Guilford at westlakelibrary.org
Thu Sep 2 09:14:26 EDT 2010

  I've actually been using both products on our public standalone WinXP
machines to strike a balance between openness and control. There are
some things I'd really rather not have available to the public both for
security and reliability reasons and SteadyState allowed easy access to
turn many items "on" and "off" and made configuration simple and quick.
DeepFreeze (which I love) covered the rest of the bases and, yes, wipes
out whole categories of issues. We'll have to learn a new way of
tailoring our PCs, which probably isn't such a bad thing, but with
SteadyState going away it's one less tool in the toolbox.  -- JG

--