[OPLINTECH] Anti-Virus

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Wed Aug 10 12:27:10 EDT 2011

For Windows patron computers, I've been using Deep Freeze on the patron
computers for the ultimate in protection, coupled with Clam in the form
of Immunet v3.0 (http://www.clamav.net/about/win32/). I don't
necessarily consider Clam by itself sufficient protection for an
important Windows computer, but on a patron computer ultimately
protected with DF, it works very well. There are no virus definitions
that need to be periodically updated because it's cloud-based. Clam is
FOSS, so it doesn't cost money to install/use.

For staff computers...Symantec Endpoint Protection via TechSoup.

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/